Eligibility Criteria (Delhi Civil Defence)
The applicant is entitled for the enrolment as Civil Defence Volunteer if
- He/she is a citizen of India, or a subject of Sikkim or of Bhutan or of Nepal:
- Has completed the age of 18 years provided that this age limit may be relaxed in the discretion of the competent
authority up to a maximum of 3 years for any branch or category of the Corps:
- Has passed at least the primary standard that is to till the fourth class and this condition may be relaxed by the
controller in his discretion.
- Both men and women shall be eligible for appointment to the Corps.
- NOC from the Employer if the applicant is in employment.
- A person shall not be entitled to be appointed to the corps unless he is found to be physically fit and mentally alert.
- Members of the following forces or services are not ordinarily eligible for enrolment in a civil defence corps:
a. Armed Forces of the Union.
b. Police Force;
c. Fire Services:
d. Territorial army or Auxiliary Forces of any of the Defence services;
e. Civilian personnel employed in connection with the Armed Forces of the Union.
- The above regulation shall not apply to Government servants who are specifically deputed for whole time or part
time civil defence duties by the heads of organization or services concerned.
Was this helpful?
7 / 1